Which headphones?

Ricky27

Hi there,i need some advice as there seems to be so many makes of headphones out there,i just need a pair around the 20 to 30 pound mark which will only be used for late night viewing.
Can anyone suggest which ones are any good please?

baileych

Standard Member
I don't know I've always been a Sennheiser supporter but maybe not at this low price point. Personally I would recommend spending at least £45 for headphones designed to go with hi-fi as opposed to portable devices. However, in the £20-£30 price bracket I would say that AKG or Beyerdynamic may offer better value for money.

Definitely listen to whatever you're going to buy as there is a lot of rubbish around at this price, as well as some genuine value for money stuff.

HD600's can be got for around £120 these days - this is the price point where Sennheiser really shine ;) (IMHO - naturally).

Charles.

SILVERBACK

i own a pair of sennheisers for late night viewing as was well happy with them for 100 quid.unfortuately i heard a pai of my mates grado`s which destroyed my sennheisers in a mater of seconds.an as soon as i need a new pair its gonna be grado because at the rice sennhesiers dont even compare

baileych

Standard Member
Maybe I should try Grado. Only two things have put me off, firstly I've never found a place which stocks them near me (only seen them online) and secondly I believe that the entire range are supra aural.

I've always had a problem sith supra-aural headphones: my ears start top hurt after not very much listening with almost all the ones which I've tried.

Charles.

A

Adele

Bought these for £41.99 from Hifi Bitz - they're really comfy, great sound, and get 5 stars from What Hi Fi!

If you're looking at spending a lot more cash then I'd go for Sennheisers, but for £42 the Beyerdynamic 'phones are pretty damn good.

Bye for now,
Adele.

common

Grado's are very good - I auditioned a number of the headphones mentioned here and the Grado SR60's came out top by a long way

Do you have a sevenoaks near you ? I know they stock the range (and gave me a good discount when I asked)

baileych

Standard Member
Strange, IFIRC my Sevenoaks only stocked Sennheisers (and maybe A. N. Other but definitely not Grados).

Charles.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom