1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kaybing27, Nov 28, 2004.

1. kaybing27

kaybing27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for some headphones for my MP3 player, preferable portable ear-in ones with good sound quality as a the thing i want the most.

I narrowed it down to 2:

http://www.boomgear.com/prod_sx_900s.html (£24-00)

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008XYJL/qid=1101644881/ref=pd_ka_0/202-4432424-8136664 (£26-00)

I think the boomgear ones look pretty sick but i want the ones with the best sound quality...........

Which ones would you choose? Or are there better ones out thurr for about £25-00?????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Could you people help me out and it'll be blazin squad UK :lease:

BLA!

(cheers) :thumbsup:

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I don't know about the boomgear stuff but the EX71's not too bad for the money. It's very well designed and quite comfy with a nice case to keep your buds in when not in use. It's a bit harsh in the top but hey, these ain't audiophile and they have quite a large bass.

Head on over to www.head-fi.org where there are truckloads of opinions on stuff like this. There's a sizeable 'audiophile' contingent but there are plenty of people into basic gear as well.

3. jeff-o

jeff-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the exchange rate from pounds to Canadian dollars right now? ANyway, consider the Shure e2c in-ear buds. I bought a pair for $95 CDN, which is probably outside the price range you quoted. They're still worth considering, though. You want to treat your ears right, don't you?? ;)

4. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    EX71 all the way but if you have the extra the E2C is worth it....

5. GizmoStu

GizmoStu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got on very well with the EX 71s so far. Bass reproduction is excellent for an earphone in that price range and they're pretty comfortable (I can wear them all day at work, for example, and they're fine).

Having said that, a couple of the chaps I work with rave about the Senneheiser headphones in the £40 bracket. I prefer to use earphones over headphones (particularly when travelling) but I've tried them out myself and they're pretty good.

6. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Before you decide make sure you consider the Sony MDR-E888. They are far superior to the EX in ear types IMHO. They are a little hard to source but are definately worth it. Price should be around £30.