Question Which headphones (On/around Ear, Closed Back, wired, noise cancelling)

psyxologos

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I am in the market for some new headphones. Ideally I would like to keep my budget bellow £100. I will be using the headphones mainly on my PC for music, movies and gaming, but I might occasionally take them to my GZ950 or my Denon x2600h for music/movies. I decided I want my new headphones to be closed back, on/around ear and wired. Perhaps noise cancelling too

I have so far identified the Lindy NC-60, the AKG - K175, the Bose QuietComfort 25 (and the Bose QuietComfort 15), the LINDY BNX-60, AKG K371 and finaly the Lindy BNX-100.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Or maybe you have something else to suggest?

I have been out of the game for a while and the choices are so many...

Many thanks!

Last edited:
I'd say from that list go for the AKG K371. If you really want noise cancelling go for Bose, it's likely to be better than the Lindys though I don't have experience with them myself.

I'd say from that list go for the AKG K371. If you really want noise cancelling go for Bose, it's likely to be better than the Lindys though I don't have experience with them myself.
Thank you for your contribution. Do you own a pair of AKG K371? Are they comfortable to wear for long periods of time?

I don't own a pair but there are plenty of youtube reviews. I don't recall any complaints about comfort.

Have a read through this thread. Might be some useful info. Cheers.

Have a read through this thread. Might be some useful info. Cheers.

Thank for that. I see you have been through the same process. The thing is, I specifically do not want a microphone, or wireless/bluetooth whereas you did. How do you like them anyway?

Apologies, I read wireless not wired. Really happy with the Sony’s, great for music, calls and I’ve watched some Netflix with no discernible lag, which I’m delighted about.

Sound is so subjective that you have to do your research, read the reviews, watch the videos and then take a punt. Def helped me that the Sony’s have a companion app as I am able to tweak the sound to my liking and listening needs.

Good luck with your search.

Does anyone else have any suggestions to make? I would welcome any comments about either of the headsets I mentioned or maybe you have a different suggestion... Thanks!

I have the Bose QuietComfort 25 and I think there great cans, really comfy and great sound.

I am still trying to find the best headphone choice, with a slight twist in the tale now. My wife is an ITU consultant at the local hospital, and I thought I buy her a par of headphones as well, so she can wind down a bit when she is on her break. I have narrowed down the choice for either (both, maybe?) of us to the AKG K371, the SIVGA SV006 and the Sony WH-1000XM3. Obviously the latter are a lot more expensive than the Sivga or the AKG, but what do people think about the three I have identified? Looking at impedance and frequency response alone (I know two of them are noise cancelling and the Sivga are not, but from what I read they work fine at passive noise cancelling), which ones would you go for if I am to use them mainly in my PC for music, movies and gaming, and my wife (perhaps me too) with a mobile phone to listen to music?

Also, I am not so sure, but if I buy either the Sivga or the AKG 371 I might go for an amp, so she can enjoy better sound conneting them to her mobile. Something like the Cyrus Soundkey DAC & Headphone Amplifier or, if my budget stretches that much, the iFi Audio ZEN or the iFi hip-dac. I really do not know much about DAC&AMP combos, but researching a bit these came recommended. What do people think? Will she/I notice improvement in the sound her/my phones (Android) have to offer?

Thanks again!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom