1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which headphones for Macs?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Sugar Kane, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Sugar Kane

Sugar Kane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can anyone suggest a good pair of headphones to use with emacs and a G4 mac? They will be primarily used for digital video editing so need to give a clear accurate sound - have looked at countless models and am no closer to choosing, so recommendations would really help!

2. engaged

engaged
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You just want something that looks good, right?! ;)

(I'm not taking the mickey - I'm a Mac user, too. :smashin: )

3. Sugar Kane

Sugar Kane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yah got me - something in white with a silver trim would be marvellous ;) Nah its just I'm even more baffled now than when I started looking at headphones, there's so many! Just wondered if there were any models or brands that were particularly good for working with computers (and they would probably be used with DV cameras as well), as the macs i'm using at my workplace don't have external speakers thus the sound quality is rather poo - plus if each mac had headphones the sound wouldn't bother other users of the studio.

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    How much?

5. Sugar Kane

Sugar Kane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, preferably under around £80 as we're thinking of getting 2 or 3 pairs

6. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    clear and accurate sound at that price point means that in ear monitors can't be beat imo, look at etymotic and shure. Not sure how suitable though - they might be uncomfortable for extended use.

If you want something circumaural then maybe something like the Sennheiser HD595s - the jury seem to be out on whether they are as good as the legendary HD580s but each has it's own camp but if i remember correctly they are fairly easy to drive even with computer soundcard outputs and so don't need an amp to eek out the same performance from other headphones