1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Head Unit & Can I use Steering-Wheel Controls?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by bulphan, Aug 16, 2005.

1. bulphan

bulphan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone ! This is my first post, so please don't be too cruel ! :lease:

I've got a '97 Range Rover with a bog-standard factory fit Clarion (I think?) Head Unit. The Changer unit in the boot is definately Clarion (standard 6-disc). Also have the standard "on-steering-wheel" controls.

To complicate things I have a Kenwood 10-disc MP3 Changer Unit - which I would really like to utilise too - which plugs into the Head Unit Aerial Socket (RF Unit?)...

I'm looking to upgrade the existing Head Unit so I can get DAB and IDEALLY use SD Card/s in the head unit too BUT I want to keep the existing steering wheel controls too! (I don't ask for much ;-) )

I understand I can just add the 10-disc MP3 Changer to ANY (?) Head Unit, and I like the look of the Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54 as it satisfies nearly all my criteria, but....

1) Will I be able to use Steering wheel controls with the Blaupunkt? (I've only ever seen (from Halfords) a Sony Converter to do this.....

2) I presume DAB Aerial connector is different to "standard" aerial connector. Will I still be able to add the Kenwood changer (as a SECOND Changer).

3) Can anyone recommend a "better" (?) Head Unit that meets my requirements. I only have about £350-£400 to spend......I DO have to put petrol in this gas guzzler ;-)

4) Obviously I want to keep the existing Clarion CD Changer connected too...

Thanks in advance!
    James