Which HDTV

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Rhydem, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Rhydem

Rhydem
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Im sorry im sure this would have been asked definantly but i need help.
    Im looking at buying a HDTV at around the 300-600 mark

If you guys could guide me to a few i could take a look at.

Also i saw the graphics of Fifa 2007 on the internet on www.gametrailers.com
    and it looked fantastic.
    I went to PC World and they had FIfa 2007 on display to play on a HDTV and it looked all fuzzy.

Which is why i really need help

Cheers in advance

2. rela

rela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I recently (received it last Weds :) ) bought a 26" Samsung LE26R73BDX HD Ready LCD (with built-in Freeview) from Currys.

It's apparently the Dixons/Currys/PCWorld "exclusive" version of the LE26R74BDX you'd see everywhere else like Hughes, Dabs, etc (only difference is the colour of a bit at the bottom of the case, under the power button).

It's gorgeous :D

It's had (or at least the slightly cosmetically different R74 has had) 5/5 reviews in What HiFi, Stuff (or maybe T3?), Computer Shopper, and other places, & I've seen various glowing user reviews of it at an XBox forum I'm a regular at.

Anyway. I love it.

My 360 is currently connected to it via Component, & looks awesome (especially Gears of War!). DVDs look great, played via the 360 using progressive scan (the 360 will only upscale normal DVDs is you use VGA - if you use Component you have to settle for PAL progressive scan).

Integrated Freeview is excellent, & Sky Digital via RGB SCART is very good.

I'm currently trying to buy an HD-DVD drive for my 360, if they ever get back in stock.

The normal list price (without using discount codes or whatever) for the LE26R73BDX at Currys/Dixons/PCWorld is £579.99. Amazon has the LE26R74BDX for £499 IIRC, & I think Dabs now also have the R74 for £499 (sale price).

4. Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31