Which HDMI switcher?

andybedz

Standard Member
Evening all

Be easy on me as i'm fairly new to this AV stuff!

I currently have a sony bravia 32" lcd which has only got 1 hdmi port.
I currently use that for my sony dvd upscaler.

Now i am looking at getting Sky HD but have been told it needs to be HDMi.

Which is the best switcher?

I'm not thinking of getting anything else hdmi as my 360 uses the vga connection.

Any advice would be great , like i say i'm a bit of a newb. :thumbsup:

Dave777

I have the Octava 4 into 1 from TMF, never had a problem, does what it says on the tin!

Dave

ovavu

Standard Member
A quick question about HDMI switches. Would a 2 into 1 switch work in reverse with a single source and two switched outputs so that I can switch between a TV and Projector?

TIA

Mike

jimborae

A quick question about HDMI switches. Would a 2 into 1 switch work in reverse with a single source and two switched outputs so that I can switch between a TV and Projector?

TIA

Mike

In a word, no. You need one with two dedicated ouput ports, they're available but cost a bit more than single output hdmi switchers.

@ the OP I use a Monoprice 5in1out hdmi switcher that I got off here for £45. Does what it says and works a treat.

flipfella

you could run the sky hd using component instead of hdmi. I have sky hd running to 2 tv's one using the hdmi and one on the component, and there seems to be no differance in picture quality.

Just another option for you

fliP

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom