which HDMI spitter is considered the best

giz1495

Standard Member
Hi all, im in the market for an HDMI switcher and cant decide which is best, can anyone with an HDMI switcher let me know what they think of it, ease of use, quality, etc. I am looking for one that auto detects as i am wanting to place it behind my cabinet as i have as yet not seen an HDMI switcher that is appealing to look at. thanks in advance, giz1495

T800

Novice Member
Is it a splitter you require or a switcher ?

If it is a switcher like Paulie-W says the Octava is really good, I plugged Sky into Input1 and my DVD into Input2. It stays on Sky until I turn the DVD player on and it auto switches and then reverts back to Sky when the DVD is turned off. I haven't touched it or used the remote since I installed it.

If it is a splitter it's more complicted, I suggest calling tmfsolutions and have a chat with them.

giz1495

Standard Member
thanks for your info guys, its a switcher im after, why i put splitter i dont know. anyone else with any suggestions? p.s. i have edited my original post.

T800

Novice Member
Is there something the Octava doesn't cover or are you just wanting more options ?

As far as I know the Octava is the only auto-switcher.

giz1495

Standard Member
I think i am going to go with the octava, did any of you buy any of the HDMI leads from the same place, if so are they ok?

T800

Novice Member
I did buy some cables from them, they are a good brand "Bettercables".

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello giz1495

The Octava 'own brand' HDMI and HDMI to DVI cables 'look' pretty puny alongside a Molex or BetterCables cable but over a short run (they are only 2m) they work well.

Plenty of folk are using them with SKY HD and no problems so far - some folk do prefer the BetterCables Option as the heavier gauge cable and guaranteed 1080p compatibility is a bit of extra future proofing - mind you some of those purchases were definitely 'swayed' by our current AVForums 'PowerBuy' on the BetterCables Display Magic II cables; see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351641

Best regards

Joe

Top Bottom