Which HDMI spec cable do I have?

gbturnir

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought a HDMI, is there anyway I can find out which version it is? i.e. 1.3.

My TV and PS3 are version 1.3 so wanna make sure it's the same spec.

Cheers.

Hi,

I've just bought a HDMI, is there anyway I can find out which version it is? i.e. 1.3.

Cheers.

What make is it?

Did it not say on the packaging?

Ask the retailer or manufacturer, if it has passed any form of certification (currently speed categories 1 and 2). I wouldn't worry if it's a short length, all your 1's and 0's will get from the PS3 to the TV. BTW, there is no content out there to take advantage of all the bandwidth requirements of 1.3b etc AFAIK.

Presumably you have everything set to 1080p. Enjoy the kit and stop worrying about cable specs! You should really research before you buy though!

Hi,

Cheers.

Just try it on your TV.In fact,almost 90% HDMI cable manufacturer just test the cables' quality on a HDTV,which support 1080i and 1080p.If your cable in good quality and its lenght is less than 3 meters,there is no much difference between 1.2 v and 1.3v . If the quality is not good, even it is 1.3v,it does not works

Hi,

Cheers.

Unless you're running 1080p over a fairly long cable it's very unlikely to make a difference.

Thank you for your replies.

It's a QED HDMI-P 1m cable. This is the second one I have bought, the first one said V1.3 on the packaging, I bought this new one via mail order and it doesn't have a version number on it also the specs are different?

Don't worry about it. It will work fine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom