Answered Which HDMI cable?

Derek S-H

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong Forum, but computers aren't really my thing - I use them but I don't really know them.

Anyway, just bought a Chromebox to use as my desktop PC and a new Benq VZ2470H monitor is also due this week.

Both the Chromebox and Benq support HDMI and I have a few cables lying around, including an Amazon Basics High Speed one.

Should I just use one of the standard HDMI cables or the High Speed one? Will I notice a difference? I have only standard Broadband (up to 20 Mb), not Fibre.

Thanks if anyone replies!

You will see no difference. It will either work or it won't, as HDMI does not use error correction, so you can't get small gains like you can on some other formats by reducing this.

I doubt you will find a standard speed cable these days.

Just don't spend more than a tenner on it. Cheap cables work just as well as expensive ones!

You will see no difference. It will either work or it won't, as HDMI does not use error correction, so you can't get small gains like you can on some other formats by reducing this.

I doubt you will find a standard speed cable these days.

Just don't spend more than a tenner on it. Cheap cables work just as well as expensive ones!

Have a free Best Answer point on me!

Thanks - I know about the HDMI debate regarding TV's, receivers/amps and disc players (and price!), but I just wasn't sure if that also applied to computers or not. Obviously it does.

I think Benq provide a (white) HDMI lead in their packaging, so I'll just use that one. At least I've got a few leads to try if, for whatever reason, that one doesn't work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom