Question Which HDMI cable is recommended

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Sometimes they work OK others times not and ensure you know which way up/down you require the adapter to go (90' vs. 270') as some TV's have 'upside down' or side mount HDMI sockets, ensure the shape of the TV allows you to fit a fixed angle adapter and ensure it will not foul the bracket you plan to use.

Another option is to use a short and very flexible HDMI Male to Female cable - we find these less problematic.

Joe

Alex34

Thanks. I sorted the problem without having to use the adaptor. Seems the cable was a bit twisted making it kick out more than it should.

I picked up a CYP HDMI cable that is Premium certified with sticker on package. Seems well built so trailing a 3m piece on the TV upstairs first.

KingSirus

Novice Member
I am aware of the certifications and I'm just looking for a quality brand/model recommendation. Something that is certified to carry 4K no problem at 6m.

What brands/models are highly regarded and very reliable is all? I've done research on what to look for but you guys have the hands on experience of what is well constructed and reliable.

Something that isn't going to break the bank and is preferably not from amazon.
I got one the other day from Gold Plated HDMI Cord Online | Premium High Speed HDMI Cable | BUNU and wrote about it on here. Seemed fine to me and cheaper than the £100 ask from John Lewis

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
They certainly win a prize for the most amount of guff you can put on a web page :)

Joe

Otto Pylot

They certainly win a prize for the most amount of guff you can put on a web page :)

Joe
Yep. Somebody posted the same thing over on AVSForums (maybe the same poster with a different handle) and my response was pretty much the same. Certainly hits all the marketing buzz words but if it works, then that's the cable for him.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom