1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which HDD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rwgdegraaf, Jun 1, 2004.

1. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello There,

I am still waiting to pick the right HDD recorder and want to know what your opinions are.

I was hoping to buy the JVC DR-MH30 which will become available in Holland this week but my supplier told me he has to call JVC about it. Then I saw the new Pioneer's ans was interested about the DVR-720. So these two models I was thinking about but both models aren't in the shop at this moment.

My questions are:
    - What do you think about these models and which one will be the best (based on the specs)?
    - Which brand are missing (Panasonic / Samsung / Sony)?
    - Is it worth to wait for let's say an half year?

Please advice me about this one, my Videorecorder is broken and I want to buy a HDD recorder so I am not very patient.
    I live in Holland so we don't have digital cable TV so I guess RGB isn't a must for us!?

Thanks allready,

René

2. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I will wait for the DVR-720H as I am very pleased with the 5100. The only thing it misses is DVD-RAM which is on the new JVC and Toshiba machines. This would be useful to me as I have a Panasonic DMRE100 and have loads of DVD-RAMs. However, the DV Input AND output is very useful to me and the large disc capacity is always most welcome. No matter how big the disc it always fills up! I have also read that is has proper RGB input/output rather than just composite.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Have a look at the new Toshiba models being released - specifically the Toshiba RX32. As HDD/DVDR recorders go this machine is more a home authoring machine than just a mere timeshifter. Looks very tempting IMHO.

4. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Tabatha en Rasczak, thanks for you replies. I allready was thinking no-one would help me through this. I thought Toshiba would'nt be released in Holland but they will. All three machines (JVC / Pioneer / Toshiba) will be released in July/Augustus i think because there isn't one out yet so there is also no review in Holland.

I definitely will buy one with 160GB so I guess it will be the JVC DR-MH30, Pioneer DVR-720H and Toshiba RX32. If we focus and that three models what are the big differences then? I live in Holland so we don't have digital cable television so RGB wouldn't make that difference for me (or am I wrong with this)?

I hope you can help me with my choice. I ordered a JVC allready but because of my doubts and the delivery time I canceled my order.

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    If JVC had RGB in then it would have been my choice. It has VR mode on -RW which is a cheaper alternative to RAM. On the tosh it only uses video mode on -RW

The 160G tosh (RDXS33) wont be out till Autumn.