• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which HD projector would you buy alongside a TV purchase for £3000?

thebiznes

Established Member
Hi I have a dilema I want a new television and had been thinking about Pioneer KRP-500A, but I have owned and still own a toshiba MT3 with a 2 metre electric screen.

I loved watching films on it a while back but have not set it up in a while.

The dilema should I buy something like the Optoma HD700x and a Pioneer 5090 or 508. BTW have just bought an Oppo 983 for dvd source and HD sky also feed from NAS 109 to PS3 for other sources.

What would you guys spend the money on for the best mix films and sd? just to clear things up the £3000 is total budget for both I have Denon AVCA1 and B&W, M&K sound etc

Last edited:

McPhee

Prominent Member
I'd flip the budget, a Panny PX80 will do a great job of your day-to-day TV watching, leaving you £2400 for something really stunning!

But then again, that's just me. I'm pretty sure you'd be dissapointed by a HD700 though if you've got a Pio in the same room.

thebiznes

Established Member
I'd flip the budget, a Panny PX80 will do a great job of your day-to-day TV watching, leaving you £2400 for something really stunning!

But then again, that's just me. I'm pretty sure you'd be dissapointed by a HD700 though if you've got a Pio in the same room.

Whats pretty stunning then to go with it? any ideas?

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
a hd1 is £2350 but depends if you like green apparently

True-Blue

Prominent Member
Patience is a virtue....

So wait until the end of the year when the replacement for the Epson TW2000 comes out and then snap up a TW2000 as the price will be reduced in much the same way that the HD1 has been.

The TW2000 is a storming PJ and if you source a UK or European one you'll get a three year warrenty (including bulb).

Fantastic machine :thumbsup:

thebiznes

Established Member
OK I have looked at different curent makes the infocus X10 loks good but am worried about the rainbow effect. How good in comparison is my old MT3 which cost £2500 6 years ago. I know I will get slated but please offer suggestions of other projectors.

thebiznes

Established Member
Patience is a virtue....

So wait until the end of the year when the replacement for the Epson TW2000 comes out and then snap up a TW2000 as the price will be reduced in much the same way that the HD1 has been.

The TW2000 is a storming PJ and if you source a UK or European one you'll get a three year warrenty (including bulb).

Fantastic machine :thumbsup:

Is this the same as the US Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB as I have read a review and the reviewer thought it was the dogs undercarraige?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom