Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which HD DVD Recorder would match (or exceed) playback of Pioneer DV-565?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kwebbotaurus, May 5, 2005.

1. kwebbotaurus

kwebbotaurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    As the title says, thinking of replacing my Pioneer DV-565 with an HD DVD Recorder and didn't want to downgrade on DVD playback.

2. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

Personally, I have a pioneer dv575 as well as a pioneer 420 with a hard disk. I mainly use the recorder for timeshift programmes and occasionally burning to -R discs. I find the playback on the dv575 is very slightly better than the recorder, but I am happy to have both as I can record away to my hearts content and also use -RW discs recorded in VR mode in the 575 with no finalisation. The 575 is so cheap now that if I were you I would just add a recorder instead of replacing the 575. Incidentially, in my opinion, the 420 is an excellent machine, and I rate it as one of my better impulse buys.