• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which HD-DVD player?

TEKNICOLOURFOX

Established Member
Im in the market for a second hand HD-dvd player after my xbox360 died leaving me with nothing to play my films on for a month till it gets repaired, and dont want to rely on it in the future!

can anyone offer any guidance as to what to buy around the £120 mark, whats going to offer the best upscalling for DVD's and sound options to gointo a marantz amp (no HDMI) that has 6.1 inputs as well as digital and coax inputs. or is an option still getting a new EP30 with the 7 films? bit more than i wanted to spend but will have warranty and could flog the films.

thanks, any help is appreciated, and I still think HD-DVD is a good bet, the quality is there, and it has films that i want to watch now, rather than in a years time.

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
I think the free film offer runs until the end of Jan, but you better double check.

You'll need the EP35 as that has the analogue 6Ch outputs you want. Which if you get the 7 free films mean the player costs you about £150.. my last SD DVD player cost more than that! :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom