Which HD 27" monitors have which type of sync

joner7777

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was going to have a 49" Samsung 4k monitor , but decided for room and sense to go for 3x 27" HD 1080 not 4K monitors with 144 HZ.
I am looking for bezel less ones but keep coming across a AMD sync system , but i have a ---
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 Ti AMP 6GB GDDR6 card .

Is this card compatible with AMD sync ?

Or what monitors would suit my card
Thanks

AMD Freesync is an umbrella marketing term for a couple of different implementations of variable refresh rate.

The screens that interest you is those that advertise Freesync for the DisplayPort input as that's the adaptive sync feature from the DisplayPort specification. nVidia dragged their heels for several years in supporting displayport adaptive sync but they finally did so a year or two ago, so your GTX 1660ti will work with those screens.

It probably won't work with any screens that don't have DisplayPort or only advertise Freesync for the HDMI input. They are a minority though.

Thanks Endless,
That cleared that up!
It`s get a bit complicated when trying to end up with the correct monitors and not having to kick myself after thinking , i should have checked .

Get a Freesync monitor which has DP and you will have adaptive sync with Nvidia cards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom