1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which has the LEAST problems? HD745/945, Denon 1910, or Panny S97

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by loz, Jan 8, 2005.

1. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    Still trying to decide on a new DVD with HDMI around the price point of these players.

Let me try asking this question in a different way

Instead of "which is best?", what about "which has the least problems?".

Having read through the various threads here it seems the problems can be numerous.

So, even though it might not be the "best", which of these is going to give me the least grief, work as it says on the tin, and not have me praying for an endless stream of firmware fixes?

FYI, my DVDs are primarily R2, so this has to include "least problems upscaling PAL, etc".

Loz

2. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    What type of display have you got ? I run the 1910 through a DVI equipped Panasonic PJ (AE500) & have not had any problems e.g. handshaking, Macroblocking, DVDR Problems, etc.

I have heard however that running it through a Plasma can emphasise the Macroblocking ?

Good luck !

3. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    I haven't (got a display) - its all part of the same equation at the moment.

Preference is for DLP RPTV or Projector - not plasma, as HD is too expensive especially for such a large screen as the RPTV sets.