1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which has best picture quality, sony, philips, pansasonic, 32" tv@

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by gbmitie, Jan 6, 2005.

1. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I aim to get a widescreen tv, 50hz, got it down to 3 but cant compare picture quality side by side so wondering if anyone else has a view on the best for picture qulaity.

These are the sets all 32"

sony KV-32HX15
    philips PW6518
    panasonic TX 32PM1

I watch a lot of footie, so hence the 50hz and I cant see the flicker anyway, and the odd dvd.

gbmitie

2. boab_is

boab_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    essentially the same tube in these sets. all have 2 scarts, front av, teletext etc.

just go for whichever one you like the look of, or whichever is cheapest, your call.

3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    thanks, i think u have hit the nail on the head, i always liked panasonic, as my wife worked for them! but the sony can move pic up and down, which i like as i can hide those dreaded logos

gb----

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    gbmitie,

All three are good sets and it's down to personal preference.

If one was obviously better, the other two wouldn't sell. :lesson:

I'm sure whichever you choose, provided you get a good'n, you'll be ok.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

5. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    saw sony today and it was huge and impressive, the phillips does not have an s video din plug, at least i could not see it, picture was poor but that was the source, shop was not much good either as no one made an effort to help me!! I use the 2 scarts already so need a separate s video for dvd player, i know RGB is good but my technics sound system does not do RGB.

the sony is £527 here in ireland with stand and 2 tuners!!!
    will try and see that panasonic tmorrow.

gbmitie

6. Honty

Honty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. I've got the 28" PW6518 and I'm very happy with it - good picture quality from a decent source, and the sound is good, too. I don't have much need for the S-video, so that could be the deciding factor for you. I heard somewhere that Philips actually make most of the tubes for major manufacturers these days (though it could be they all buy from a third party).

7. vidkid

vidkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was Samsung that had tube manufacturing monopoly?
    Or is that now history?

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    LOL doesnt matter who makes the Tubes... Phillips make them for phillips, LOEWE, B&O, etc
    RCA/Thomson make loads including the 40" CRT tube used by LOEWE, MATSUS HITA make them for JVC/PAnny and most 36" CRT are now MATSUS HITA...........Phillips and Sony gave up making them............ there are lots of odd tubes in TV's whose badge doesn't match tubes (most samll tubes for Europe now made in trukey.......for most manufacturers

9. vomvul

vomvul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got the phillips 6518c about 3-4 weeks ago brilliant pic real sharp, couldnt be happier with it , and at £449 after shopping about with free delivery and 3 years warranty, i also have a low signal from sky, but am still impressed with the pic if you watch football even the grass doesnt smear, even the lights on the front are dulled down so they dont glare when the lights are down, and with a set of speakers is all i need

10. DJjay18

DJjay18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whatever you do, don't buy the PM1, it's awful. i paid £599 for the 32" and i'm not one bit happy with it. Picture blooming when camera pans really shows up, awful geometry (it can't do straight lines), and generally a crap TV. :eek:(