Which Harmony Remote To Buy?

PocketOperator

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to get a new all-in-one remote as I just have too many at the moment. It will be for the bedroom to control my Samsung UE32J5500 TV, Virgin Media Tivo, LG BP250 Blu-Ray player and my Amazon Fire TV Stick.

I have been looking at the Harmony Elite as it seems like it will control a lot of devices but there are mixed reviews as to how good it is and I'm not sure whether it would control all my devices. I think there are mixed reviews on Harmony remotes in general, a lot of people have problems with their software and getting it to set up correctly.

Would the Elite be the best thing to get or should I choose one of the other models?

If the remote was good enough then I would consider buying an additional one for the living room as I have a similar setup in there except the TV is a Samsung UE48H6400, there's another Tivo box in there, a Sony BDP S5100 Blu-Ray Player and a Denon DHT100 soundbase (although I may be getting a new one as I find it really hard to get rid of lip sync issues with it and my Tivo - it's connected to my TV via optical and the Tivo to the TV by HDMI).

Thanks for any suggestions.

The Elite is the most expensive and most elaborate model.
It would be fine for you, but could do more than you need.
For example it can control devices without line of sight.
The 650 and Ultimate One are more practical models.

650 will work, personally I use a Touch, it's OK for my needs, but i'm not as impressed as I thought i'd be.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom