which graphics card

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wynouk, Jul 25, 2002.

1. wynouk

wynouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a panasonis PT AE100 and i need a twin monitor output graphics card, could anyone give me some advise on a good value for money 1 to buy, the card will also be used for light gaming as well.

thanks

2. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Radeon 7500 would probably do well, but if you wanted a bit more power then the 8500 would be better.
    We should hopefully see some pretty dramatic price falls soon, when the 9000's/9700's start to come through.

3. wynouk

wynouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the rad 7500 and 8500 both support plugging 2 CRT monitors in at the same time or does it have to be 1 CRT and 1 DVI monitor as i would like to plug 2 - 15 pin rgb plugs in, 1 for my CRT and 1 for my panny.

I've saw rad 7500 and 8500's sold on ebay and i was wondering do they normally come with some type of adaptor to change from DVI to CRT and if they don't where could i buy 1 and how much would i expect to pay.

Thanks.

4. MerMan

MerMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wynouk

I have a Radeon 8500 and it comes with a DVI to VGA adapter.

Regards

5. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 7500 has one VGA and one DVI output and comes with a DVI-to-VGA adapter. I have mine hooked up to my LCD monitor and projector - works like a charm once you find the check box for "Theatre Mode" ;-)

BJ