1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which graphics card?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by bumble, Jun 23, 2005.

1. bumble

bumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which brand of 6600gt is best? what would be the ati equivalent? running pent 4 2.4ghz 1gb 2100 ram,currently running ati 9600xt 256mb and have been told 6600gt much better? any thoughts? thanx in advance......

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,233
  3. leeboy2k3

leeboy2k3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    skip the 6600gt mate go for 6800 or gt if you can, the 6600's vid ram is bottlenecked by its 128bit bus so you have to clock em higher.
    My advice wait till autumn see what nvidia and ati release then, should drop current prices further.. plus pc gaming has all but ground to a halt.

4. bumble

bumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would my p4 be man enough to run a 6800gt? heard rumours 3ghz and over for 'high end' cards? i have looked at ati x800xt for £210 seems a good card.......any opinions?

5. bumble

bumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one more thing........ :rolleyes: my mobo is only agp 4x enabled....is it worth the upgrade to 8x,meaning i'd have to change ram as well?

6. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    its the mobo you need to upgrade for 8x agp not the ram and yup its worth it upgrading
    going from a 9600xt to a 6600 wont see much difference, and i bet your not even running that to its full potential, 9600xt's are 8x agp and your running it at 4x
    if you can get the x800xt for £210 then go for that. Bargain price for a top end card :smashin: after the mobo upgrade obviously

7. bumble

bumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx for the advice, the reason ram needs upgrading is i'm running 1gb 2100 and most mobo's i look at do not support that speed :( damn nothing ever easy.....maybe mobo and ram for now then look at cards in a month or two........call of duty 2 needs to run at best spec poss! :smashin: