Which games music do you listen to even if not playing the game itself?

encaser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sometimes listen to Grand Theft Auto, Quake and a few racer ones and was wondering if any of you lot do the same?
Just a thought.:)

WarCraft 2! Some of the best game music ever! Doom/Doom 2 also had great music but AFAIK you can only get it in MIDI, which is a bit of a bummer... The Seventh Guest (remember that??) also had fantastic atmospheric music. Also, Descent, and Castlevania 4 (on the SNES!) had great music, though again hard to come by in anything other than MIDI... For CD audio, Age of Empires and Carmageddon are good examples.

BTW, now that you've got me thinking about it, can anyone get me a copy of the WarCraft 2 soundtrack in WAV or (preferably) MP3? I have the MIDIs but they're just not very satisfying... :(

Cheers,

Dunc

The X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter CD-ROM is always in my car... why drive to work when you can fly?! I actually bought the soundtrack to wipeout 2097 without having the game, great CD.

As I only have a GBA, I have immense trouble playing the cartridges in any CD player :(

haven't listened to them in ages but the music to "The Last Ninja" for the Commodore 64, and "Flashback" for the Amiga were both amazing in their day:D

Originally posted by galewis
the music to "The Last Ninja" for the Commodore 64
Ah pure classic!

Lots of those old Thalamax games had top music too. Used to love the loading tune for Sanxxion. :D

Rob Hubbard was a music god in the C64 days :)

I've always liked the music from the Turrican games on the Amiga.

My favourite among the oldies has to be the Streets of rage 1 and 2 soundtracks on the megadrive - what Yuzo Koshiro (sp?) did with those little fm midi chips was very impressive.

Modern games do seem to be getting many orchestral tracks. Haven't got any particular one in my cd player though.

Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX (don't have PS2 yet) all have superb Muzak soundtracks, could listen to them all day.

I liked the muzac for Vectorball. There was a great piece of music they used for the arcade machine Supertrain, I also have heard this music on the TV but I never did find what it was called. :(

Final Fantasy VI/VII/IX, Lunar SSSC, Gran Turismo (original Jap version), MYST, RIVEN, Myth, Myth II Soulblighter, Grandia, and, one of the best, Chrono Cross.

Tony hawks, but as these are all tunes that have been in the charts i dont know if they count?

Wipeout on the ps1 - used to just pop the game into the cd player - some pretty cool tunes on it....

I was over my bruv's the other month when he stuck on this mad game for his Dreamcast.

Rez

Looked like a good game, with vector graphics (although better than the Asteroids of this world), and had some pretty natty techno music which was partly constructed by the players actions (shooting)...

I'm not a games man myself, but i thought this game (and music) was pretty good.....

My bruv is a games man (big time)...& owns too many consoles.
I think his Dreamcast is the best console of the lot.

Adzman.

If you're interested in game music have a look at this site haven't bought anythinvg from them, but they seem to have a fair bit:

Sysoniq

ssx tricky on ps2. im usually more of a metal fan but have all the tunes copied onto minidisc. great for discman listening.
an older one i used to listen to was seventh guest on the philips cd-i

Rez rocks - the best thing is to play it on the big screen with the lights down and the volume up. Talk about trippy! :D

Dunc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom