• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which games come with Live membership

Brogan

Prominent Member
I'm getting my Elite this Friday :D so now I'm looking into Live.

I have a few questions that are hopefully easy to answer.

1. Which decent games come with a 12 month Gold subscription?
I saw a link to PGR 2 at Play but it's out of stock (http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox/4-/169478/-/Product.html).
I figured I might as well get a game and membership for the same price as membership so are there any others?

2. Should I register my free 1 month Gold membership that comes with the Elite and then can I just continue it with a 12 month membership I get with a game for example?

3. How do I buy Microsoft Points for purchasing Live content?

4. What are some recommended Arcade games?
I've been hearing a lot about Space Giraffe but can't seem to find any info' on it.

TIA

GenVinyardTD

Established Member
1. Which decent games come with a 12 month Gold subscription?
Cant think of any games off the top of my head that come with a decent free trial, you might get maybe 48 hr codes with some, i also think that PGR2 is a deleted title now, so it may not become available again.

2. Should I register my free 1 month Gold membership that comes with the Elite and then can I just continue it with a 12 month membership I get with a game for example?

Defo use it mate, your entitled to it! you can continue no probs when you get another code after your month expires.

3. How do I buy Microsoft Points for purchasing Live content?
Any games shop,highstreet or online, sells prepaid cards for 6months to a year, I just used my credit card via live.

Ive tried a few arcade demos, only arcade game ive actually d/led and paid full for was MiniGolf, thats not bad, and the trick shots are great for online!

Enjoy your elite!

weetibix

Established Member
I've been hearing a lot about Space Giraffe but can't seem to find any info' on it.

Space Giraffe is one of those people either love or hate
Many seem to find it difficult to actually see what is killing them due to the amount of onscreen psycadelia.
Jeff Minter however is a god in my book as he made Tempest 2000 on the Jag
...I personally wish he'd converted it to the 360 instead of bothering with SG

There's plenty to read about it here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409967

Geometry Wars is great
Pacman CE is an updated classic

Jamesie M

Established Member
Space Giraffe is one of those people either love or hate
Many seem to find it difficult to actually see what is killing them due to the amount of onscreen psycadelia.
Jeff Minter however is a god in my book as he made Tempest 2000 on the Jag
...I personally wish he'd converted it to the 360 instead of bothering with SG

There's plenty to read about it here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409967

Geometry Wars is great
Pacman CE is an updated classic

Can't go wrong with Bomberman on Live..... well worth the four quid or whatever it works out at. Streetfighter 2 if you're showing your age too!

Forgot.... Tempest 2000 was great, rest of the jag games were pretty rank but that one was great

markwww673

Prominent Member
you will get Hexic HD as a full game and a fair few trial games preloaded

I would recommend on Arcade

Geometry Wars
Puzzle Fighter HD
Bomberman Live
Pac-Man CE
Uno
Zuma

mark...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom