which games can you play music whilst playing

holbrook99

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i noticed while playing bejewelled 2 the other day that i can play music on the harddrive through accessing the xmb "in game" just wondering if there is a list of games that incorperate this function.....i love playing games and listening to my own music...

cheers

killzone 2 :smashin:

Woah can you really? I didnt know that! Do you just do it through the XMB? (i.e. it's not like wipeout where there's a separate menu somewhere?)

Yep, just go into the xmb and start a song, (I think) it doesn't start playing when you're in lobby either, only once you start playing :smashin:

You can play your own music in Burnout:paradise too.

Yep, just go into the xmb and start a song, (I think) it doesn't start playing when you're in lobby either, only once you start playing :smashin:

You can play your own music in Burnout:paradise too.

In High Velocity Bowling you can start it through the XMB as well :thumbsup:

In most games though, like Burnout, it's through some sort of in-game menu.

Hopefully Sony will make ALL developers/games include the XMB route. Seems crazy this hasn't already been done.

Hopefully Sony will make ALL developers/games include the XMB route. Seems crazy this hasn't already been done.

I thought MS had patented the tech for doing this, which is why Sony can only do it game by game basis

I thought MS had patented the tech for doing this, which is why Sony can only do it game by game basis
They have XMB music selection for some games so I don't see why it can't be all games.

If MS patented anything, it is likely the auto replace background music function, or the way music continues no matter what you do (a bit like voice/party chat) -- start a game, quit a game, shop in the marketplace, etc.

They have XMB music selection for some games so I don't see why it can't be all games.

If MS patented anything, it is likely the auto replace background music function, or the way music continues no matter what you do (a bit like voice/party chat) -- start a game, quit a game, shop in the marketplace, etc.

I can't see a reason why they did not do it as a standard feature across all games via XMB, otherwise it just does not make sense. Although this is Sony we are talking about.

Last edited:
Woah can you really? I didnt know that! Do you just do it through the XMB? (i.e. it's not like wipeout where there's a separate menu somewhere?)

yeah i found out the other day
was playing killzone and listing to ministry of sound chilled album 2

not the two you would put together but it did sound pretty good :D

yeah i found out the other day
was playing killzone and listing to ministry of sound chilled album 2

not the two you would put together but it did sound pretty good :D

I prefer some RATM or Foo Fighters for killzone :cool:

watch out if you've got a load of mixes on your music collection like me, you're not able to skip through tracks using the xmb so it's a nightmare having to listen through them constantly.

Single mp3's are fine though, wipeout and killzone are the only two I do it with usually.

watch out if you've got a load of mixes on your music collection like me, you're not able to skip through tracks using the xmb so it's a nightmare having to listen through them constantly.

Single mp3's are fine though, wipeout and killzone are the only two I do it with usually.

Can't you use the BD remote to change tracks like you can on the 360?

I don't have any of these games to try it out.

It's definitely stupid if they could have made this standard but chose not to.

can be all... dependes what games you like and what computer you have. i can play all games and listen to music. the main ones i play are runescape and warrock

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom