Which games can be controlled with just a trackerball?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Ash007, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Ash007

Ash007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone advise me on some PC games that can be played using just a mouse or trackerball. I am paralysed from the shoulders down, but can operate a PC using a trackerball with my chin. This means I can only play games that just need a trackerball but not the keyboard e.g Diablo, lemmings.

They obviously don't tell u this before you get a game. I have downloaded several demo's, but I have spent ages filling up my PC with game demo's that I then find out I can't play.

If anyone can advise any decent games it would be appreciated.
    (I can use the trackerball with both buttons reasonably competantly, so the speed of game shouldn't be a problem)

Cheers,

Ash

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    I think you'll probably be able to play most rpg's like Neverwinter nights with only a trackerball. All of the game features are but a click away. You can use keyboard short cuts to access inventory etc but it's not essential as all the options are accessible with just a mouse (just takes a bit longer). I think most point and click adventure games like riven, broken sword and a lot of rts's should be OK too. Here's a few I'd recomend of the genres mentioned:-

Dungeon Seige
    Neverwinter Nights
    Baldurs Gate series
    Riven
    Myst
    Broken sword series
    Discworld noir
    Civilisation 3
    Comand & Conquer Series
    Empire earth.