Which game?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by bluevortex, Mar 7, 2006.

1. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Limited funding (holiday to pay for) mean i can only afford one game this month :thumbsdow
    My short list contains the usual suspects from the March releases:

Fight Night 3
    GRAW
    Oblivion
    Blazing Angels
    Far Cry
    BF2
    Gears of War

I want good gameplay and xbox 360 (next gen) graphics. Which of these are you guys thinkin is the must own title? I could maybe sell COD2 or PGR to raise funds for a second game :rolleyes:

2. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
  3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    GoW ain't out this month, or anytime soon. GRAW is the obvious choice from that list though.

4. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    Oblivioun will have more things do and you might not even complete it by xmas from what I have heard.

Gears of War wont be out this month.

Blazing Angel never heard of it.

Battlefield 2 I think is delayed untill April.

Fight Night 3 great fun with your friends though one player mode will be short and I dont know how it will play on line but this is the game to show off your console and great for quick games.

Advanced Warfighter Hyped up and has scored two 9.5 and a 9 and sounds great on line but i dont know much about the game having not played any of the previous versions.

Best fun is fight Night 3 but if you want a game to last it has to be Oblivioun while Advanced warfighters is the best game for on line play.

5. syntax error

syntax error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The hype is all around GRAW just now. Read into the games you have shortlisted and see which ones appeal to you. Then just do some reading from peoples opinions on here and reviews.

But if you like tactical shooters then you wont go wrong with GRAW :smashin:

6. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    Completely depends on what style of game you're after. Probably most people here would recommend GRAW from that list, but on a different note FN3 is also a superb game with loads of postive reviews, I'd probably choose that if I was only able to afford one game. Blazing Angels is also looking amazing but again, a totally different sort of game to GRAW and so far lacking any reviews. Personally I'm pretty excited about Blazing Angels as I've never been into any flight games so it'd be something new for me, quite fancy some light hearted WW2 in the air for a change;)

7. featherhall

featherhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,972
    YES, THIS ONE COULD SLIP UNDER THE RADAR. REMEMBER CRIMSON SKIES ? SUPERB ENTERTAINMENT.
    I'm getting FN3 and GRAW, as I've not been on my 360 much in the last 2 months due to lack of releases. Can't wait.

8. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Not sure about GRAW. looks amazing (trailers) but i have never played any of the series properly before. I think i played the original xbox version and thats it. I really like my shooters but tactical squad based ones? Hmm not so sure. . . ? How complicated/difficult to pick up is this series?

Oblivion does look good, this could be the one for me. The demo is very lord of the rings and looked varied and graphically stunning and gamelife is a plus

Fight Night 3 demo was really enjoyable. I would never normally buy a boxing game but the 360 graphics has tempted me to look at this one. TBH though it would be more of a single player experience for me unless live is available?

If GOW, Far cry, BF2 are released in april i could opt for one of them and try and master COD2 on veteran and SF2 to fill the gaps if it ever get released.

Even more confused now :rotfl:

9. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    What you mention about tactical squad based shooters is the very same reason for me not pre-ordering GRAW. I tried a couple of games of that ilk(Rainbow Six3 for one) before and I just couldn't get into them(too much to take in for my simple brain). I understand that it's on Live where those games really come alive, but as a single player game I have a feeling I just wouldn't get to grips with GRAW:clown:

FN3 does have Live support, I'm still unsure if I'll be able to use Live here, but that certainly wont stop me from buying the game. I loved the career mode in FN2 and it's also great for two players on one screen.

From what I've read about BF2, it's fantastic if you're looking for hectic multi-player gaming over Xbox Live, but the game isn't really too much more than a glossy port of the Xbox game, with more players over Live. Not really comparable to BF2 on the PC.

Oblivion does look good, trouble with me is I get easily bored of loads of conversaions with NPCs(with exception Paper Mario for some reason), that said i admit to being a hard to please gamer:rolleyes:

As for Farcry, I so want to play my Farcry from the original Xbox(still haven't played it yet as it's a non b/c for the 360), I refuse to even consider buying another Farcry until M$ get their arse in gear.

Keep an eye on Blazing Angels, there must be some reviews soon & I have a feeling it's going to be something pretty special.

Probably not helping your decisions there:suicide:

10. AFSTER

AFSTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I would sell COD2 and get Ghost Recon and Fight Night

Download the demo for Fight Night - be amazing for online

Fingers crossed to lag for Ghost Recon like it is with COD2

11. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Fight Night 3 without a doubt. ;)

I've got GR:AW on order but the excitement of FN3 has put that right at the back of my mind.