Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Madden NFL 07

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Wii Play

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
Red Steel.

Reason - because I bought it today:smashin:

From what I've read of all of them, unless you're looking for an extra remote (and don't mind a free game), buy Rayman. Seems to be exactly the kind of game that makes good use of the Wii's features.

From what I heard, it was a dissapointment?

The main people who are disappointed with red steel are the ones that cant get to grips with the controls, and most will happily admit that!
I personally think the control system is great and for me it makes it more immersive. Makes things a lot tougher so you have to be quick on the draw and plan your attacks. The swordplay is supposed to be the weak link in the game but i thought it was ok. Im deffo glad i bought red steel.

Wii play - as it's very cheap given that a remote is included!

i have rayman and wiiplay. I liked rayman initially but it gets very repetitive and annoying on prolonged playing and in multiplayer modes alot of the minigames you have to do in turns rather than at the same time.

red steel has got very mixed reviews so i would try before you buy - it seems that people either love or hate the control scheme. dont know much about the others.

At the very least you get some good 2 player games and a remote wiht wiiplay so that would be my vote.

I have Wii Play and my next choices for games will be Zelda and Red Steel. Red Steel looks great fun.

I would go for Rayman personally. I also like Red Steel though and was a bit sceptical given some of the reviews. The controls are a bit tricky and if you stray too far left or right then you loose contact with the sensor bar and just spin round and round. That said they become better with practice and overall the controls do add a level of immersion that is missing from FPS's just using a pad or a mouse & keyboard. It's kind of like playing a light gun game with the depth of an FPS game. The sword bits are great too.

To be honest either Rayman or Red Steel shouldn't disapoint.

Rayman is great, and makes great use of the Wii controller. Yes most of the mulitplayer games you have to take it turn, but I like this, as it gives you time for a breather, plus you get to watch your mates make tits of themselves (milking a cow).

Madden 07 is also great, I've played the 360 version and the Wii one and would definitely choose the Wii version. There's a really good multiplayer mode too, you can do street rules, 2 v 2 is a right blast, and once again the remote really does shine.

Wii play is a good laugh, but I think I'm still to play it one player. If you need an extra remote, I'd pay the little more to get it, as some of the mini-games do make for a nice change. Just don't go in expecting an in depth experience. None of the games are more than 2 player (a lot of them could easily have been more) plus you can't change any options like handicap or time.

Super Monkey is good too, however i haven't played it as much as I thought I would (played rayman more). It is very good though. Not all of the 50 mini games are good, but some are truly outstanding. The remote does work well with it, however it feels like you are more in control of the environment than the actual ball.

Now for Red Steel then. It's not as bad as a lot of people say. Some moments I really like, the next I'm swearing like I'm in Goodfellas at just how annoying it is. The control is not perfect and this is truly shown when compared directly to Call Of Duty 3. When playing Red Steel you realise it just takes too long to turn around and that's my main problem with it. I think first person shooters have still yet to find their feet on the Wii and Metroid will hopefully be the first one of many that properly work.

At the moment I'd probably go with Rayman. Great lot of minigames that will have you realise just how many directions (literally) the Wii remote can head in the years to come. Madden and Super Monkey are also worthwhile additions, as is Wii Play if you're going to pick up an extra remote anyway.

Rayman is one I have been looking at too - plus it's only £29.99 on Play.com at the moment - that's a good price isn't it?

As for Madden - I've never played a Madden game before I'm not that experienced/good with video games but I am an American Footie fan - is Madden 'doable' for a video games beginner? I've got this impression it's a compliacted game from somewhere!?

I must say that I played a load more red steel last night and got quite addicted - ending up in bed around 4am! Once you turn the wiimote volume down the control improves massivly and I find the controls pretty good now. You really feel part of the shootouts on the game and to be honest it's probably more fun than i've had playing another FPS game.

I like rayman but i'd also strongly recommend that people give red stel a go as well! :)

Rayman is one I have been looking at too - plus it's only £29.99 on Play.com at the moment - that's a good price isn't it?

As for Madden - I've never played a Madden game before I'm not that experienced/good with video games but I am an American Footie fan - is Madden 'doable' for a video games beginner? I've got this impression it's a compliacted game from somewhere!?

Yes £29.99 is a great price for Rayman, I wouldn't hesitate!

Madden is like most things, once you know how then it's easy. The analogue stick on the nunchuck moves your player about. The remote thrown in a downwards motion throws the ball, the quicker you move it, the quicker you throw the ball. Now when the play starts, the players on screen all have buttons above them, so say a man on the right will have "A" above his head, others will have "B", "Left on d-pad" etc. You simply hold this button while moving the controller downwards to pass to the corresponding player. There is a great tutorial at the start which talks you through everything. Personally I think you're in a better position than most already, as I take it you know the rules if you're a fan, where as many don't. It takes a lot longer to learn all the rules than the buttons. I'd say give it a go mate. I played it with some of my friends who had never played a madden before and they got right into it.

Cheers Craigy, I think I will get Madden in my post Christmas game buying frenzy - should be fun.

I ordered Rayman - no idea how long it will be at £29.99 so I didn't want to risk it going up in price.

I didn't vote as Super Monkey Ball's not on the list.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom