Which game should I buy? What's good at the moment?

pstones578

I'm a very casual gamer. I currently have the following games and have £30 to spend on one or two more games. Can anyone recommend anything that's good please?

Dirt 2
GTA5 prologue
MGS4
Batman Arkam Asylam
COD4: Modern warfare

EastEndz

Depends on what sort of games you prefer, but I'd definitely pick up Uncharted 2 if you haven't played it already. It's got a great SP as well as an extremely fun, and reliable, multiplayer. It'll keep you entertained for a long time. Could also pick up the first Uncharted, also a great game. Both going for £14.49 each on PLAY.

majorstare

Agreed, Uncharted 2........ best game I have EVER played since owning a PS3 since PS3 launch.

clc.sheff

Distinguished Member
Maybe

Uncharted2 AND Ratchet and Clank - crack in time (or tools of destruction.)

or

Uncharted 2 AND God of war compilation (i.e. GOW I and II)

Might even be able to squeeze LittleBigPLanet in too for £30 sods

tod27

Agree with all the above. Based on what you have i'd also say Dead Space is worth a look, along with Batman AA it was my favourite game of the last few years.

GTA IV is a class game,and Infamous is fun to play. Good games have been a bit thin on the ground for me recently so most of these titles should be on budget by now. I think your budget rules out COD Black Ops and F1 2010, the last 2 games i bought, but its not much of a loss. :D Okay they're not that bad.

pstones578

I ended up getting the following.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Pre-own... 12.99 GBP 12.99 GBP

Assassin's Creed II - Pre-owned (Pla... 9.99 GBP 9.99 GBP

Killzone 2 - Pre-owned (PlayStation 3) 7.99 GBP 7.99 GBP

Thanks for you advice.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
As is Killzone 2 :thumbsup:

joeimprobable

Standard Member
Red Dead Redemption going for £23.99 at Amazon. Totally immersive and good fun but also great for the casual gamer. It doesn't take long to complete but there's plenty of other stuff to do if you want. Plus buy the time you've finished with it you will have saved up enough to by the brilliant DLC Red Dead Redemption Undead!

Last edited:

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
A lot of recommendations for Uncharted 2 which is indeed a very good game but I'd say play Uncharted 1 first. It can probably be picked up for buttons now anyway.

I'd also recommend Resistance 1 & 2 which are also great games IMO which can be gotten for much cheapness :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom