• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which game has the most impressive 5.1 sound?

ricflairandy

Established Member
Just set up my yamaha 357 amp and connected the 360 via optical. So wondering wht game is best to show it off?

LemonGrab

Prominent Member
I find GOW pretty good when cranked up high, you can here the locust all over the shop and the shooting/reloading/speaking makes it like your there.

Tokoloshe

Established Member
For subtle effects, Border Town map on R6 Vegas. I've spent ages lookin for a crying baby and barking dog to shoot.:D

GoW gets pretty intense when it's cranked up. Not really a 5.1 demo, but the automatic weapons in Crackdown sound amazing, always reminds me of the bank shoot out in Heat:smashin:

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
5.1 is something even the original XBOX did really well, so far most 360 games have had a quite high standard of 5.1, If i had to pick one out though it would be GRAW2, not only because the implementation of 5.1 is good with explosions, bullets whizzing past etc but because in middle of all this the orchestral soundtrack will kick in and just take it to the next level, awesome sound on that game!

Kopite4Ever

Established Member
condemend....to scare the :censored: out of you from all directions..
This man has it.

Played countless 360 games and demo's nothing comes close to the way condemned's sounds integrate perfectly for the game. Not just because its jumpy just the quality of it excels. It was the first real time i took notice that we had arrived to the 'next gen' :dd: on the fly since coming from the xbox.

Other honorable mentions for Gears Of War, Crackdown & PGR3.

I would say R6V too. I loved it when you get helecopter rides and when you look out and around the woman briefs you through all 5 speakers depending where you are looking.

CeeJay775

Prominent Member
When I first got rainbow 6 I set up all my surround sound properly, I remember in the research labs thes fan noises, well I was walking round my living room trying to find the noise. I listened into the back speaker and there it was, I have been sold on it ever since and wouldn't play games anyother way anymore. But for war its GRAW2 or Rainbow and for just out and out good use of the sound in a game its comdemed.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom