Which Freeview Recorder? Help?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rbrocklesby, Sep 21, 2007.

1. rbrocklesby

rbrocklesby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Howdy all,

I'm really confused and would like some advice (don't we all) :lease:

I want it to be have the following:

HDMI uscaling
    HDD 160 or 250
    Be able to record 2 channels at same time (preferably both digital).
    Pause/rewind Live TV.
    Not particularly bothered about DVD recorder.

Any suggestions [email protected]

Just in case there isn't such a thing can you use a SKY+ box to do this instead? (with no subscription tp SKY)

Thx in advance

Ronnie

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    Let's start you off with:

1: Freeview and Free-to-air Satellite are not the same thing. One comes from ground-based transmitters and is received using an aerial; and the other comes from Satellites and is receved using a dish. Equipment used for reception of one will not work for reception of the other and vice versa.

2: You do not need HDMI Upscaling.

3: If you want to record two digital programmes at the same time, then you need either two single-tuner boxes, or a twin-tuner box. DVD recorders do not have twin tuners. None of them. Twin Tuner boxes are PVRs.

4: The only regular PVR for satellite is Sky+. You can use this without a programm subscription, but, last time I looked, you had to pay a tenner a month for it to work. There is a separate forum for Sky & Sky+ matters.

5: There are a number of makes/models of twin-tuner PVR for Freeview (terrestrial, from an aerial). Ask about those in our PVRs forum.

6: You say "Not particularly bothered about DVD recorder.". Just an observation that it's a bit odd you should choose to ask this in the DVD Recorders forum, then. See you over at PVRs or Sky/Sky+ I guess.

3. rbrocklesby

rbrocklesby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx Nigel.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge,

Don't even kno what a PVR is - cheers for pointing me in the right direction

Ronnie