• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Freeview HD Plus Box is simplest the operate (for an OAP)?

edinburghloyal

Standard Member
Looking to buy my 80 year old Gran a Freeview HD Plus box to replace her Freeview DVD Recorder, which requires changing discs regularly and is generally too complicated for her.

Is there a a box that is just as easy to operate as say Sky Plus? Looking for simple menus and playback facilities.

I've read the sticky on Freeview PVR's and have looked at similar threads but saw none relating to HD.

Any suggestions and opinions would be great. My budget is around £200.

Gavtech

Administrator
Looking to buy my 80 year old Gran a Freeview HD Plus box to replace her Freeview DVD Recorder, which requires changing discs regularly and is generally too complicated for her.

Is there a a box that is just as easy to operate as say Sky Plus? Looking for simple menus and playback facilities.

I've read the sticky on Freeview PVR's and have looked at similar threads but saw none relating to HD.

Any suggestions and opinions would be great. My budget is around £200.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm puzzled by your comment.
If you have read the sticky in the PVR section, every one of the machines mentioned in that post is an HD PVR.

I'll move this post to the PVR section since evidently it is a PVR you are seeking

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom