which freeview box for quality?

phancey

Standard Member
Reaction score
both picture quality and build/functionality quality.

Terrestrial freeview.

I have just bought a JVC DMR10 dvd recorder which does not have an RGB Scart Input but does have an S-VIDEO enabled SCART input. So ideally a freeview box that matched that or some way of getting the best out of it via a cable.

Was initially thinking Sony VTX D800U but don't think the output is S-VIDEO so would I end up resorting to just standard video?

Others on my short list were Humax Fox F2 - but it seems a bit bulky.
Echostar kit seems to be getting reasonable feedback.

Nokia 221T also seems to come out well in the Which Report?

I'd love a hard disk one but I feel like it's better to wait for a twin tuner bigger hard disk, less noisy version than currently available unless anyone thinks strongly otherwise...

thanks
Phil

The DigiFusion FVRT-100 has twin tuners and a hard disk, and gives a picture quality which is at least as good as Sky. However, the firmware used in the box does seem to be a little on the "quirky" side.

The Sony will provide s-video from its video SCART so long as the recorder will negotiate using Q-Link/SmartLink/CinemaLink.

Panasonic should soon launch their own twin-tuner Freeview HDD recorder - the TUCTH100. I've no idea what the machine will be like to use but it might be worth waiting for. It's due sometime this month.

Sony VTX D800U, best box by miles. £79 on Amazon.co.uk. Yes it can do s-video.
The sony freeview website is http://www.npe.sony.co.uk/ for more info.

Read over on digitalspy about the Nokia 221T, not sure why Which say its good from the postings I've seen !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom