Which flush mount in wall speakers. Very tight budget.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ddaddy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ddaddy

ddaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I am planning to add a false wall around my chimney so I can wall mount a tv and have it flush.
    I'm working to a budget of £2000 but my new fire is coming in at £1400 fitted :eek: and I still need to buy a 42" tv.

I wasn't going to bother with speakers, but thought if I could find some then I might as well fit them at the same time.

Anyone know of any really cheap flush mountable speakers?
    I need L, R & Cnt and can always add rears at a later date as they dont need to be flush.

If I could get a reasonably priced 5.1AV system, then that would be better, but i'd preferrably not want the sub!! (Must you have a sub?)

Cheers

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Decent in-wall / in-ceiling speakers cost £££s. Fact. I wouldn't waste my money on cheap ones. I use some waterproof cheapies in a bathroom which are fine in there due to poor acoustics, noise from running water etc. etc. but for a main setup, I would definitely look at investing in some good ones.

As for whether a sub is a necessity? Yes! Some people don't bother but you will be missing out on a lot of the bass that only a subwoofer can handle.

3. ddaddy

ddaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply Dave.
    My house has turned into a "Turn the tv down, the kids are in bed" house, so i'm not investing in the audio even though I would like to.
    The TV speakers would be used 95% of the time and maybe on a Saturday afternoon when we sit down to watch a family film, it would be nice to crank it up.
    If 'better than tv speaker' isn't acheivable on a tight budget, then I wont waste any time or money on it.

There's also the possibility of me using shelf speakers and building little boxes into the wall for them, but i'd rather have the flush look.

4. ddaddy

ddaddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2