1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which floorstander and more????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rscott4563, Feb 2, 2003.

1. rscott4563

Standard Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've currently got a middle of the range AV setup which I use for mainly for movies but the occasional bit of music. At the moment though I don't feel like I'm getting the proper cinema experience going on in my living room, the surround sound feels a little bit lack luster and music is just not on par at all.

My setup is:
    Denon 2800MKII DVD pal pro
    Denon 2802 AVR
    KEF 2005 Sub & Sats
    Panny 32PH40 CRT (soon to be replaced for movies at least, probably by either Sony HS10 or Pio 50MXE depending which way I go)

I currently have the Kefs setup in the standard 5.1 arrangement, my plan is to replace the front L&R Kefs with some proper floorstanders to improve both the movie experience but more importantly give me some decent cd stereo, then to move the left over Kefs to the rear, hook up to a stereo amp to supply the two new rear channels giving me 7.1

I'd appreciate some feedback as to whether that seems logical and a good idea?????

I would also like to know if anyone has any suggestion as to which floor standers to get as I've been told that all of my speakers should have a tonal balance, but which speakers would have a tonal balance with the Kefs is anyones guess I'd also like something which looked similar in colour and style to the Kefs. I have about £400ish to spend and that has to include the amp to drive the new rears. Some suggestions as to an adequate amp would be appreciated as well????

One last thing (sorry to go on...and on) if I can convince my wallet to stay open for long enough I might think about a new centre speaker as I dont think the Kef is prominant enough, sometimes the dialogue can get lost a little (well I'm just getting picky now)

Finished at last