Which Floor standing speakers? PSB/KEF/Polk Audio/Klipsch

mani1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys I am in process of finalizing my first ever home theater system. Yes it is my first ever system and I have never ever used even a basic/cheap Sony/LG/Panasonic before!

I have finalized a Denon AVR-1910 receiver which is going to cost me around USD 640.

I am seeking suggestions regarding which front floor standing speakers to go with these. My options are (limited due to availability issues in my country)

1) Polk Audio - TSi Series Loudspeakers (Polk Audio TSi400) Approximate cost USD 815/pair

2) PSB Speakers - Image T6 Tower (PSB Image T6) Approximate cost USD 1165/pair

3) RF-82 Floorstanding Speaker - RF-82 --- Floorstanding Stereo Speaker - Klipsch Reference Series - Overview (Klipsch RF-82) Approximate cost USD 1200/pair

I am initially only going with front floor standing speakers but complete 5.1 setup will be built and sub along with center channel and surround speakers will be added in the months to come. My room is a medium sized bedroom with marble flooring. This setup will be used with a Samsung Series 6 46" LCD which I already have.

I understand that the choices I listed above belong to different categories and can not be compared as such but please understand my limitations as not every model is available in my country. Sourcing products is extremely difficult. I have listed prices along with each product so you guys can give me best option with respect to value for money, my room acoustics and my taste/experience. Also another very important question I have is that can I go for different surround and center speakers from different companies or do I have to match the whole system?

My usage would be 60% Blu-ray movies, 30% PS3 Gaming, 10% music.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

P.S A long shot but I am hoping some expert from Pakistan seas this thread and can refer me to some one who can source this stuff at a cheaper rate for me!:lease:

You really need to listen to all of your chosen speakers to decide which you like the sound of best. All of the brands you've mentioned are ok, but as you are the one going to be listening to them its difficult to know what to suggest.

Hope this makes sense.

Kind regards

Linx

I would consider asking a mod to move this to the speakers forum and also signing up for AVSForum.com as some of those models might not be available here (UK) and even if they are, they are competing against established UK and European brands.

All these sound good, but you really need to test them. I agree with Linx08. However, you could look at some possible alyternatives. There are soem great ones out there from the likes of Tannoy, B&W and Mission, to name a few.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom