• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which filters?

dixiedean

Standard Member
Hi peeps,

Just bought a D50 and was wondering which filters, if any, you guys use. Do you keep a UV/Skylight on all the time ( as I did with my 35mm)? I am not au fait with Photoshop, so I can't, at the moment, adjust my shots too well. I have a circular polariser, which I will use quite a lot.

Here's a couple of my first attempts with the D50.

barney.running.jpg

barneyrun.1.jpg

Any comments would be welcome

Thanks
Deano PS - I haven't sussed out how to get proper size photos on here yet !

denno75uk

Prominent Member
Good shots. Not pin sharp but I'd defy anyone to manage that with a dog like that running full tilt right at you.
I keep a skylight filter on all my lenses for protection's sake if nothing else. I have read they can cause AF to hunt a bit at full zoom though.
I use a polariser whenever it's sunny. A mate asked me why I bothered when you can adjust in Photoshop. Seemed obvious to me. Especially if you're going to shoot +100 on a nice day.
I'm a relatively new convert from 35mm so I'm trying to get shots good out of the camera as before, but I do like the opportunity to adjust shots afterwards. I just use the software that came with the camera. Simple slider controls make it pretty easy really.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom