Which fella do I go for?

JUS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Oh no. Not another one of those threads :blush: ...

I am looking for a dvd player which can do the following..

1. play R1&2 discs.
2. Prog scan
3. Play CD's.

I love DTS music CD's and would like to have DVD-A and SACD as well but I can live without.

I am willing to spend about £800 max. Although I (& the Mrs) would be happy to spend less :D

My short list is:

Denon 2900
Denon 2800 mkII
Pio 757ai

I liked the picture and sound quality of the Denon 2900 (Ugly brute. player is the size of my amp!) but I'm concerned with all the problems people are having. Don't fancy spending 800 quid on something I have to spend weeks messing around getting firmware upgrades.

I haven't been able to demo the 757 yet.

Now the 2800 seems to have had all it's bugs ironed out and it's quite cheap I'm thinking this maybe the one for me.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Should I spend £400 on a dvd player and £400 on a cd player?

Things would be alot easier if equipment was quality checked before hitting the shelves :rolleyes:

Hi,

You won't go wrong with a 757Ai. As you probably know, it's now available with PAL PS - try www.ivojo.co.uk

Steve

Steve,

Haven't got a clue what half of your part numbers are for. Do you use your 757 for cd play back or do you use a dedicated player?

Jus.

Hi Jus,

I use the 757 and the Tosh 900 for CDs, although I think the Tosh sounds a bit better. The 757 is great with SACDs and DVD-A disks but I don't have that many to play. When the heck are the major record companies going to release the likes of Madonna on HiRes instead of these 30 year old recordings they seem to put out? :rolleyes:

Steve

Thanks mate. Think I maybe going for one of those fellas.

I really like DTS CD's but there aren't that many of those that appeal to me. Sting seems to be up with the jive though :D Hopefully it'll catch on....maybe if we all by two dvd-a players :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom