Which external disc reader to rip 4k for Zidoo ?

Hi I'm looking for advice,

I have always used a cheap media player box for watching MKV and an LG UBK90 for watching my 4K discs but I am building a dedicated H/T and want to buy a decent media player and store all my 4K and HD blu rays on.

So I've decided on the Zidoo Z1000 pro it seem to tick all the boxes without being to expensive.

What I need help with a choosing a relativity good external 4K bluray player to rip my discs for either Imac or PC.
Not bothered about burning discs just want to play them and convert to store on the Zidoo

I would rather use my Imac but I can use my Windows PC I've heard Imac's can be a bit limited.

Also need some free/cheap software for good conversions of the discs.

Thanks

jamieu

RobinDB

Hi I'm looking for advice,

I have always used a cheap media player box for watching MKV and an LG UBK90 for watching my 4K discs but I am building a dedicated H/T and want to buy a decent media player and store all my 4K and HD blu rays on.

So I've decided on the Zidoo Z1000 pro it seem to tick all the boxes without being to expensive.

What I need help with a choosing a relativity good external 4K bluray player to rip my discs for either Imac or PC.
Not bothered about burning discs just want to play them and convert to store on the Zidoo

I would rather use my Imac but I can use my Windows PC I've heard Imac's can be a bit limited.

Also need some free/cheap software for good conversions of the discs.

Thanks
did you find a solution to this ?
Same situation as you, have the 1000 pro and would like to backup some of my bluray films to store on media server.

did you find a solution to this ?
Same situation as you, have the 1000 pro and would like to backup some of my bluray films to store on media server.
I sure did, I bought BH16NS55 v1.02DE, OWC Mercury Pro, 4K, Ultra HD, UHD Friendly Drive from eBay for £130 and downloaded MakeMKV and all worked great, I have ripped all my 4k, bluray and 3d discs and installed them on to my 14TB WD Red Plus HDD which is in my Zidoo and the Zidoo had all the posters and I am 1000% happy with all of it, Zidoo is the future

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom