Which Evesham LCD TV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by slocombe, Mar 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. slocombe

slocombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, here's the deal. The company I work for are about to give us the chance to enter into the Government's 'Home Computer Initiative'. Basically it means that I can buy equipment at about half the normal price from a 'partner' company, selected by the company I work for. In this instance the 'partner' is Evesham.

So, I am looking at the Evesham range and am needing some help - which one of their range of LCD Tvs is best? I will mainly be wanting to use the screen for gaming with my Xbox 360 but it may also get hooked up to a Sky Digibox for a bit of viewing for the kids.

Anyone got any recommendations as to which from their range is the best to go for with the above in mind?

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
  3. andylorenz

andylorenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    you don't work for Capgemini by any chance do you ??

ps glad to see the government's "Home Computer Initiative" is a way of getting a nice big LCD TV to play xbox games on :nono:

4. slocombe

slocombe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Peahead, certainly seems like a good model and I'll check it out.

Andylorenz, no it isn't Capgemini I work for. As for using the Initiative in this way, hey I don't make the rules up mate. :lesson: Any problems then write to this address:

Mr A Blair
    10 Downing St
    London

Be prepared to hang about for an answer though.

5. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,369
  6. deeplyblue

deeplyblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    slocombe

Have you checked whether your deal is going to be affected by Gordon Brown's scrapping of the Home Computer Initiative? Or does that just make the matter urgent?

If you haven't seen the details try:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4834576.stm

db

7. andylorenz

andylorenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    zAndy1 - you are right, the choice is restricted where I work to the 27" LCD you can see in that sample pdf; I think the general rule is that the total price cannot exceed a certain value (i.e. the tax relief is capped), and I imagine that Evesham have had to agree the specifications with the IR first - which is why the LCD TV specifically comes with a media PC.

deepyblue - the schemes that are on offer this (tax) year will be honoured, but this is the last year they will run. As long as the option is taken by 06 April, or whenever the 2006/07 tax year starts, then the scheme will run as stated for the full term (3 years)

General consensus at work seems to be that its a good offer, but only if you really want the kit they offer - its all bells and whistles (all options to the max), they have not even tried to go 'budget'. The laptops are probably the best proposition.