1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which entry level mobile?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Jamp, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My trusty 2 year old Siemens C45 is a bit worse for wear, although it still does everything I need of it (provided its battery hasn't run out yet! :rolleyes:), but I'm thinking of a replacement.

The only things I'd like from a new phone that the C45 doesnt give me are longer texts, good battery life, and faster WAP. Other than that I just want a reliable and hardwearing phone. Not bothered about cameras, colour screens, media messages, etc - although I suppose it's something to talk about in the pub ;)

Want to continue to use my BT Cellnet Genie pay as you go sim as it's a better deal than its replacement O2 Online, and meets my requirements perfectly. Not quite sure what it would do about GPRS charging though, currently I get 300 free WAP minutes.

I will not touch a Nokia as they're pants in my experience. Same for Samsung and Panasonic! Another Siemens or a SonyEricsson seem to be my options then. Budget of £100.

Current ideas include:

Siemens M50 from my-siemens.com, was £42 but they've put it up to £60 :mad:

Siemens C60, was £80 on Carphonewarehouse but it's vanished from their website today.

Siemens MC60 for £99 on TMobile, are they unlocked/unlockable though?

Any ideas folks?

Many thanks,

Ben