Which ending would you change? (possible spoilers)

huwg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We have all seen films which have made us wish for a different ending. Maybe those alternate endings were actually shot but ended up on the cutting room floor.

I know directors, writers (and studio execs :rolleyes:) have their story finish in the way they do for a perfectly good reason, but it is time to be selfish - which films would you change for your own personal enjoyment? It does not have to be a permanent change to the film, just a one off version that you can watch.

I'll start the ball rolling, it should be fairly obvious to those who have seen them what I am thinking of...

Von Ryan's Express
The Great Escape
Million Dollar Baby

Stephen King's 'IT' would be first to the chopping board.

Then 'Million Dollar Baby'

Then 'Matrix Revolution'

'The Blair Witch Project'

'The Never Ending story!' :)

why the hell would you change the ending to the great escape....:confused:

The end of the Dark Knight. I know they didn't know but it would have been nice to of had the Joker fall to his death rather than being capured so that they wouldn't have to expalin his absents if they did a 3rd film

Maybe of had Harvey Dent live too for a minor role in the 3rd

The end of the Dark Knight. I know they didn't know but it would have been nice to of had the Joker fall to his death rather than being capured so that they wouldn't have to expalin his absents if they did a 3rd film

Didn't he already fall to his death in '89?

Didn't he already fall to his death in '89?

yes he did, plus wasnt part of the point about Batman NOT letting him fall to his death was that he was proving to the joker how un-corruptable he is....

EDIT: just to add though, i do think it wouldve been better if harvey had survived and the 3rd movie started with a brutal hannibal lectar (silence of the lambs) type prison escape....

Last edited:
why the hell would you change the ending to the great escape....:confused:

Wouldn't it be great if just once he
made that final jump over the barbed wire
?

Last edited:
of course it would be cool, but i think it works the way it is.....

It does indeed work very well the way it is; but every time I see it I still keep willing him on. So just once
I'd like to see him make it

Last edited:
It does indeed work very well the way it is; but every time I see it I still keep willing him on. So just once
I'd like to see him make it

perhaps even
flip the bird to the nazi's as he speeds off
..... :rotfl:

For me it would have to be I am Legend its a great 2/3 of a film but then transcends off,if anyone has seen the alternate ending though on the dvd and blu ray release it does make a little more sense than what was presented at the cinema.:D

Armageddon. Everytime I watch it I hope Harry will make it this time :blush:

A.I.

Please cut the ending shorter or change it, or do something better than what went out.

Von Ryan's Express

:rotfl:first one I though of when I saw the title. In the book it ended the way I know you would have changed it, I read that Frank had it change to the way it did because it was in vouge at that time for films to end that way.

By the way I would like to have had it altered.

There’s lots of horror, sci-fi and thrillers that come to a conclusion then things get filiped in the last few seconds which makes the all the heroes efforts to vanquish the evil to no avail and there usually stupid twist as well.

At the time of watching I would have changed Get Carter to what happened in the book but on re watching he was a right B and although a lot of people in the plot deserved a right good kicking some did not deserve the fates that befell them.

The Astronaut's Wife

Man on Fire

Fallen

I read that Frank had it change to the way it did because it was in vouge at that time for films to end that way.

And what Frank wants, Frank gets :D

I'd like the Ark to be in the possession of the museum at the end of Raiders rather than in some military warehouse.

Same with the Grail.

Star Wars Ep 6 :devil:

I would have joined the dark side :)

And what Frank wants, Frank gets :D

Got now being the operative word.;)

Kant remeber if it was a 1 off book but liked Franks char i the film would have love to have seen a sequil as good but as it was it could never be, unless some one was critaly wounded rather than mortaly.

I'd change Heat mainly because the current ending, apart from smacking of Hollywood morality cop out, doesn't actually make much sense.

I'd change Heat mainly because the current ending, apart from smacking of Hollywood morality cop out, doesn't actually make much sense.

Agreed, I would also change the ending in Heat and do away with Al Pacino's wife as she was useless.

I am Legend. I much preferred the alternate ending to the original ending.

The original ending of The Abyss was poor. The extended version made much more sense.

If we are talking about alternative endings, the one for Dodgeball was much better

Both the leading actors wanted it but the studio lost their nerve. Shame really. Artistically, socially and to make a point the alternative ending is far superior

Although it's not in keeping with the type of movies mentioned so far ..... I'd change Corelli's Mandolin. The ending is gushing, Hollywood pap, whereas the book is much more dark and funny.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom