Which Ebuyer DVI to HDMI cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Johnmcl7, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,565
    Usually choice is good, but I'm not so sure in this case...

I want to hook my PC up to my HDTV, the PC has a standard DVI port and the TV an HDMI port. However, ebuyer have a rather baffling array of similar cables, from what I've read in this forum 18 pins is single link and 24 pins is dual link but if someone could point out the cable that will work fine, I'd be very grateful.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...491&order=ASC&order_col=sell_price&show=stock

John

2. fuzed

fuzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I used a dvi to hdmi adaptor with my hdmi cable - although I didn't see much of a difference between that an the dvi-vga adaptor, so im sticking to using that -

If your interested I have the dvi-hdmi adaptor for sale on the board. probably about 5ish pages back - its a thor oem gold pins etc etc

wanted 18quid posted but am open to offers, so make me a decent offer an its yours (its new btw).

3. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,565
    Thanks for the offer but the reason I'm looking at ebuyer cables is because they are mega cheap (under a fiver), I'm not looking for anything fancy.

John

4. fuzed

fuzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    well you get what you pay for imo, I went for the QED hdmi cable, supposedly very very highley rated.

I havent really put it through its paces yet.

what TV do you have and what inputs does it have in the back? does it have VGA?

5. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,565
    It's one of the Samsung 32 inch models, it has HDMI and VGA inputs. I plan on running one PC through VGA and another through DVI. Reading through comments on this board, the quality with DVI cables doesn't make as large a difference as it does with analogue cables - for a fiver I can't really go wrong, if quality isn't up to scratch I'll consider a more expensive option.

John

6. fuzed

fuzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    well if its a sammy go with teh vga out to the plasma and use a dvi to vga adaptor for it, as you will get restricted to 1280x768/766 or whatever its supposed to be - with the vga out you'll get te full 1300 resoultion.

7. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,565
    I need both at once, as I wish to connect multiple PCs - I just need to know which cable is the right one.

John