Which DVI cable for my H78?

T

toni_montana

I have an H78 which will be sitting at the oppsoite end of a 5 meter room from my video processor. Taking into account that I want to route my cable along the edges of the wall, I require approx a 10m cable.

Does the quality of the DVI cable make a difference? What should I be looking for in a cable this length and what cables would you suggest?

Many people have good experiences with cheap long run HDMI/DVI cables.
I would avoid Supra, since I was going to get one, but they had been withdrawn since there were problems with them; another forum member was getting all sorts of strange things with them.

I got a 12m Bettercables HDMI from Joe Fernand who frequents these forums.
He has an AV business in Scotland. He sent one down to me & offered for me
to try it before paying, & return it if I wasn't happy. It's quite pricey - about £183 I think - but since my pj was £3000 & player was £700 I needed something good.

If your source has HDMI output you might be better getting an HDMI & then
getting adaptor for pj like a QED HDMI - DVI. I've heard HDMI is better than DVI over longer distances & this applies even if you are converting to DVI, BUT the signal which is being sent, i.e. the source, must be HDMI. HOWEVER, don't quote me on this because I've only heard this. If you speak to Joe he can advise you better than I & he may let you try a DVI - DVI & if you have problems you can send it back & then try the above.

Good luck,

T

Hi,

I have an Optoma H78 and got a 10m DVI-DVI from Saphire Systems... at the dizzy prices of £22! Really heavy duty lead, I run my scaler at 1280x720p but have tried it with far higher resolutions into a PC monitior and no funny stuff going on at all. Buy a little bit more off them and the postage is free:
http://www.sapphiremailorder.com/cube/index.php?cat_id=47&catname='DVI%20CABLES%20&%20ADAPTORS'

I use a Chord HDMI cable which works a treat - I use the HDMI>DVI converter that is shipped with the H78.

Works a treat, you'll need to check with the dealers for prices.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom