Which DVD recorder with a budget

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stuart_day64, Dec 5, 2004.

1. stuart_day64

stuart_day64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

So this christmas i have decided to take the plunge and buy a dvd recorder. I would like one which has good disc compatability and with a DV in put so i connect my Panasonic DV camcorder to it. I have a budget of roughly 300 and i have been searching the internet for machines that fit this criteria. I have been put off Panasonic machines as the DVD ram format is not compatible with some players that i would be using.

I have currently got my eyes on the SONY RDRGX700 but i was wondering if anyone hasd any thoughts on this or any other machines i should look at.

Cheers

Stu

2. dmpoole

dmpoole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

After extensive research on the Sony machine - don't buy it - its got a lot of features missing. I've been a Philips fan for about 3 years and I still have two machines but a couple of weeks ago I bought a Pioneer DVR420 which is a fine machine with great editing facilities. However you will need the 520 model with the DV input but that won't fit your budget. A lot of people diss the Philips machines but you could get a DVDR75 with DV input but it has no hard drive. This is what I've been using for two years capturing from my Sony digital camcorder.

3. GASJKH2

GASJKH2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stick with a Panasonic dude - by far the best made machines on the market (the dvd trade competition even admit this) - although a bit more expensive! Not far behind though is the Tosh XS32 which is cheaper, good machine though :clap: .

4. stuart_day64

stuart_day64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

What features inparticular arte missing???? I know sony is a bit more expensive but i have had great reliablility from them over the past 25 years as well as great quality

5. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If this is a Sony HDD machine it has the much needed DIVIDE function missing from the HDD.No bulk copying because you cannot divide a long recording into individual programmes.
    Sony recorders are generally way overpriced.For the price of a Sony dvd only machine you can get a Toshiba one with HDD for a few pounds more