Dilema! I want to buy a DVD recorder now, fancy a Panasonic as I like the reliability of the make etc from past experience, did not want to spend £600 - so I am considering the 50EBS. The question is, is it worth the extra £300 or so - double the price - to get a hd integrated - HS2? Currently I do not even have a VCR in the lounge, so any recording device will be a vast improvement! How flexible is the DVD-RAM format, can I use a DVD-R, delete bits/edit etc before finalising - or is it set in stone as soon as its written? Just a bit of advice would be great...Should I buy a 50EBS now - or wait until the price of something like a HS2 comes down? It does occur that if I buy a 50EBS now, and afterwards decide that I would really like a HS2 that I could buy a HS2 as well in say 12 months with the combined price only adding up to the price of a 50EBS today - or close anyway? Cheers, Steve.