1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD recorder Package?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by icehot, Jul 18, 2005.

1. icehot

icehot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey

I was wondering if someone can help me pick a dvd recorder/home cinema package.

Currently I have a new TV, and freeview box with a hard disk recorder in it (thomson dhd4000), which has an output to either go to a VCR or dvd recorder. Don't want a VCR cos that's old stuff, so would like a dvd recorder.

However the problem i'm having, due to lack of space in the room I want this setup, I need the DVD recorder to also have the full home cinema stuff built in as well. I'd need it to have a scart input/output (either 2 scarts, or one scart that does both in and out) - and preferably in RGB. I also need at least 2 preferably 3 phono inputs, for the surround sound to work from my freeview box, and xbox which i've setup as a media center, networking to my fileserver.

I'd also like it to support DTS, and pro logic II, plus DVD+R(W) as well as MP3 support etc.

Basically this is to replace a dvd player, with a recorder, that can also get rid of my old hifi and provide me with surround sound with inputs for all sources I need. Oh and I dont want a hard disk in there as that's in my freeview box.

Does such a system exist?

Cheers.