Which DVD Recorder for t/f from PVR & VHS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RhythMick, Feb 5, 2005.

1. RhythMick

RhythMick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,

I'm using a PVR (Fusion) for recording and most things I just get rid of after I have viewed them. I love this way of doing things - one day we will look back and laugh at how people used to be tied to the schedule for their viewing. My only criticism of the Fusion is that it can't do weeky recordings - minor pain :mad: .

I also have my VCR player for old tapes etc.

Anyway, for things I want to keep for a while I want a DVD Recorder. It doesn't need anything fancy - we will still use the PVR for most things. I also want to be able to transfer from VHS though and (unless I mess about switching cables) that means 3 SCART sockets (TV, PVR In, VCR In).

Any suggestions ?

Mick

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    Have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature - covers the basic FAQs. The big thing you need to decide is whether you want a DVD recorder with or without a HDD. And before you say you have a HDD in the Fusion please, please, please read the link!

3. RhythMick

RhythMick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks. Think I'll wait a little while and EITHER ...

a) buy a HDD/DVD/FREEVIEW machine (as I wanted to in the first place)

or

b) buy a Media Centre PC (expensive and relatively new).

For now it should be fairly easy to install a cheap analog input card into my PC and capture VCR to that, editing and writing to DVD from there. I don't have a huge collection to go through.

Any thoughts on either Media Centre PC's or analog input cards ?