Which DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by The Gooner, Jan 25, 2005.

1. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi
    I wonder if someone can help me with my Dilema

I have just recieved a new 37" Viera Plasma and Panasonic kindly included a Pann DVD Recorder DMRE55EBS.
    I have at the moment a Denon DVD700 player and am unsure which is going to give me best results.
    Both have componenet out but the panny is progressive scan, denon does not.
    My other kit is a Denon 2805 reciever and Marantz Hollywood pack Speakers (same as MS Premier with 308 Sub)

The guy in the shop told me the Denon would give best results but with panny having progressive scan wondered if this would.
    If the Denon is going to be best I would like to leave panny unopened for sale hence reason for post rather than plugging in.

Any help is much appreciated

Goons

2. TOSHMANIAC

TOSHMANIAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    panasonic would be better cos of prog scan but il give you £150 for it should you decide to sell it

3. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Thanks for reply,
    How much of a diff will it make as I use my denon for photo cds as well, looking at panny webby dosnt look like panny plays jpeg cds, I would be willing to loose this feature if picture quality was exceptional

4. TOSHMANIAC

TOSHMANIAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not too sure about that one,but prog scan thru component output will be fantastic and at the end of the day,this is the reason we buy these machines,for watching films,any other features are merely a bonus.do you have a pc to view your images

5. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    yes but its easier to stick a disc in than taking people upstairs to view piccys,
    other option is sit round laptop, again easier to stick disc in and view on TV.

I know what your saying about films being number 1 and they are but I would never use the recorder as a recorder as I have Sky+ and we mainly record corry emerdale ect and football for me if im at work, Soaps for wife honest.

Other feature that may persuade me is sound quality what will give best sound any ideas

Sorry for all questions but want to make sure I keep best suited player if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance

6. TOSHMANIAC

TOSHMANIAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its your call,the denon will still be top notch thru rgb scart etc.and if you think you;ll use more functions of the denon then keep it.i dont have sky+ so am in the market for a basic recorder.hold fire and see what other people think

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have the denon connected through component and picture is superb,
    I think I will keep denon, maybe get another denon with prog scan later on

Thanks for help and I will keep your offer in mind