Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Andy_Hedges, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Andy_Hedges

Andy_Hedges
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am after replacing my current Pioneer DV545 for something a bit better. I would ideally like my new DVD Player to be able to play DVD-A and SACD as well as Progressive Scan (PAL). Oh, and Multi-Region, RCE and DVD-/+R playback is a must and ideally under £800!

I've seen the Denon 2800 and that seems to be pretty good, but there are also offerings from Arcam and HK out there that look pretty good as well! Unfortunatly I am unsure of what to go for! Playback of CD's is not an issue for me, as I already have a decent CD Player.

Current Equipment is... Fujitsu 42HHA30ES, Arcam CD82 CD Player, HK AVR7500 Amp, SKY + Box, Quintro Switcher, Monitor Audio S8i's, S4i's and S10i.

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew