Which dvd player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mrjamescollins, Apr 26, 2004.

1. mrjamescollins

mrjamescollins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my current dvd player (philips 950) for several years and now i think is the time to upgrade and get the best out of my system.

I have a Philips 9618 32" tv, Marantz sr4400 and a Mordaunt Short Premier System.

I have a budget of around £250. Can anyone suggest a dvd player that will make the most of my system.
    The system is only used for movies.

2. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I just got a Pioneer DV565A from Digital Point

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.asp?ID=549&source=kelkoo

This player is supposed to cost £250 (RRP) you can get a multi-region one here for £160 delivered. I eventually got mine from this place as the first looked like it had an anvil dropped on it during shipping, but they replaced it and I am happy. This is a very good player as the excellent reviews suggest. It is superb as a DVD player and will play just about any types of discs that you throw at it. I also think it has good CD playback (some may disagree) but again this is not a problem for yourself. I would definitely recommend this player it is superb for £160!